Swim Speed Secrets reveals the world’s fastest way to swim–and will show you how to swim faster the next time you get into the water.
In Swim Speed Secrets for Swimmers and Triathletes, 4-time Olympian, gold medalist, and triathlon world champion Sheila Taormina reveals the swimming technique used by the world’s fastest swimmers.
Too many swimmers and triathletes neglect the key to speed, distracted by stroke count or perfecting body position or streamlining. Taormina uses simple science and crystal-clear underwater photos of top Olympic swimmers, from Johnny Weissmuller to Peter Vanderkaay, to show how the high-elbow underwater pull is the most crucial technique for faster swimming. [See what pro swimmers and coaches say about Swim Speed Secrets.]
With a well-honed, commonsense approach that comes from decades of practice and 15 years of hands-on coaching experience, Taormina’s Swim Speed Secrets gives triathletes and swimmers the power to overhaul their swim stroke and find the speed that’s been eluding them. [Download the table of contents and an excerpt.]
Swim Speed Secrets includes
- The best drills to cultivate a more sensitive feel for the water
- Strength-building exercises to develop arm position and upper-body musculature
- Crisp photos of Olympic swimmers and their high-elbow underwater pull
- Clear descriptions of the key moments of the underwater pull
- Tips that helped her perform at a world-class level for two decades
Swim Speed Secrets brings the focus back where it belongs—to a powerful underwater stroke. With this book, triathletes and swimmers can stop swimming for survival and break through to new levels of speed and confidence in the water.
Taormina’s new companion book Swim Speed Workouts develops the world’s fastest swimming technique through workouts, drills, drylands, and a step-by-step training plan.
Using Swim Speed Workouts, swimmers and triathletes can get in the water and learn the world’s fastest way to swim.
- Amazon.com:Swim Speed Secrets
- BarnesandNoble.com:Swim Speed Secrets
- Chapters/Indigo:Swim Speed Secrets
- Your local independent bookstore:Swim Speed Secrets through IndieBound
- TriSports.com: Swim Speed Secrets
- VeloGear.com: Swim Speed Secrets
Swim Speed Secrets and Swim Speed Workouts are published by VeloPress, the leading publisher of books on endurance sports like cycling, triathlon, running, and swimming. See more VeloPress swimming books at velopress.com/tag/swimming.