Swim Speed Secrets reveals the world’s fastest way to swim–and will show you how to swim faster the next time you get into the water.
In Swim Speed Secrets for Swimmers and Triathletes, 4-time Olympian, gold medalist, and triathlon world champion Sheila Taormina reveals the swimming technique used by the world’s fastest swimmers.
Over the course of 4 Olympic Games and throughout her career as a world champion triathlete, Taormina refined her exceptional technique as a student of the sport, studying the world’s best swimmers using underwater photographs and video analysis. From Johnny Weissmuller to Michael Phelps, the world’s fastest swimmers share two common elements: high stroke rate and a high-elbow underwater pull. [See what pro swimmers and coaches say about Swim Speed Secrets.]
Many swimmers and triathletes neglect the underwater pull, distracted by stroke count or perfecting less critical details like body position, streamlining, and roll. Swim Speed Secrets focuses on producing power—the most crucial element of swimming—to help triathletes and swimmers overhaul their swim stroke and find the speed that’s been eluding them.
With a commonsense approach that comes from decades of practice and years of hands-on coaching experience, Taormina shows swimmers how to transition to faster swimming. Swim Speed Secrets includes:
- The best drills to cultivate a more sensitive feel for the water
- Strength-building exercises to develop arm position and upper-body musculature
- Crisp photos of Olympic swimmers and their high-elbow underwater pull
- Clear descriptions of the key moments of the underwater pull
- Tips that helped her perform at a world-class level for two decades
[Download the table of contents and an excerpt.]
Swim Speed Secrets brings the focus back where it belongs—to a powerful underwater stroke. With this book, triathletes and swimmers can stop swimming for survival and break through to new levels of speed and confidence in the water.
Taormina’s new companion book Swim Speed Workouts develops the world’s fastest swimming technique through workouts, drills, drylands, and a step-by-step training plan.
Using Swim Speed Workouts, swimmers and triathletes can get in the water and learn the world’s fastest way to swim.
- Amazon.com:Swim Speed Secrets
- BarnesandNoble.com:Swim Speed Secrets
- Chapters/Indigo:Swim Speed Secrets
- Your local independent bookstore:Swim Speed Secrets through IndieBound
- TriSports.com: Swim Speed Secrets
- VeloGear.com: Swim Speed Secrets
Swim Speed Secrets and Swim Speed Workouts are published by VeloPress, the leading publisher of books on endurance sports like cycling, triathlon, running, and swimming. See more VeloPress swimming books at velopress.com/tag/swimming.