Sheila Taormina explains how to do the most effective swimming drills in her books Swim Speed Secrets and Swim Speed Workouts. These drills, when practiced with focus and attention to technique, will develop the world’s fastest swimming technique in you. The videos on this website are only a visual aid to understanding the full descriptions in the book. You’ll want to read the drill descriptions in the books so you know why these drills will work for you.
Ready? You can watch the Swim Speed Secrets and Swim Speed Workouts drills on this website, on this YouTube playlist, or you can use this Drill List below to find a specific swimming drill:
- Swim Tubing Drill
- Halo Swim Tubing and the Diagonal Phase of the Stroke
- Halo Bench Tubing Drill
- Recovery Drill and another look at the Recovery, Out-of-Water, or Over-Water Drill
- Streamline Drill
- Press-Out Drill
- Sculling Drill
- Standing Scull (aka “Tornado” Drill) with Sheila Taormina
- Standing Scull (aka “Tornado” Drill) with Peter Vanderkaay
- Catch-Up Drill
- Freestyle Flutter Kick with Kickboard
- Streamline Kick on Back Drill
- Serape One-Arm Drill
- Serape Kicking Drill
- Tarzan Drill with Peter Vanderkaay
- Dog Paddle Drill
- Finish Drill
- 50 Free Press-Out Drill
- One-Arm Drill
- One-Arm Pull with Kickboard Drill
- Out-of-Water Drill
- Hand-Entry Drill
- Underwater Drill
- Introduction to Butterfly
Sheila Taormina’s Swim Speed Series reveals the world’s fastest way to swim. Both books are available in bookstores, swim and tri shops, and online. Click below for online retailer links.
Swim Speed Secrets reveals the swimming technique used by the world’s fastest swimmers.
Swim Speed Workouts provides waterproof workout cards, drills, and training plan so swimmers can get in the pool and learn the fastest way to swim.